Friday, February 5, 2016

Quirky Tidbit Name of the Game: Bean, Sean Bean

So. It has clearly been a busy week, which means that this will be a mishmash of Quirky/Tidbit/Name of the Game. Thank you adulting. Fortunately, all three of these things coincide.

I've already mentioned that I do these weird celebrity obsessions right? This one has to do with my current projects. And it's weird, because not only is this someone I've had a secret crush on for a while, but I've never really talked about. Out loud. Fortunately, this is someone everybody knows(thank you pop culture). He started as Lovelace and Sharpe; he's done James Bond(as a villain); he's acted with Nic Cage(and was fabulous); current pop culture knows him as Boromir and Ned Stark. Know who he is yet?

Yes. It's Sean Bean. And yes, I fell in love with him when I saw Lord of the Rings. I saw him in National Treasure and he won me over even as a villain. Thanks to my job, I have access to all his earlier work, namely the Sharpe mini-series and the BBC adaption of Clarissa. So I've been doing a bit of a binge on all things Sean Bean that I can possibly get my hands on--and I feel no shame about such.

 The result is this week's "Tidbit Tuesday" section: that he  is currently dancing around in my head as a celebrity model for not one, but two of my characters. And here's why. See this photo above is Sean Bean as of last year. The photo below is when he was younger, specifically as Richard Sharpe:
And yes, all right, there isn't much difference between the two(the photos are fifteen years apart). But these are the faces I get when I think of these two characters--one the villain, and one the hero. I love his accent--both his natural and those he assumes for his roles; I love the way he moves, whether he's flirting/seducing a woman, or shooting things, or swinging his sword around. I haven't seen every episode of Game of Thrones but I have read the first book; and I follow enough of it on Social Media that I was upset by the death of his character(I watched Ned Stark's death on Youtube multiple times--some of the saddest fifty-three seconds of my life:) 


Needless to say, once this project is over, his face will stay in my head. And yes, he is one of the celebrities on my Collaboration Bucket List.

No comments:

Post a Comment