Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Locksley of Sherwood: Combat Soundtrack

Most of you know by now, I have music for everything when I write.  This time around, as you have seen, I have individual soundtracks for characters, theme, whatever. I also have a "combat soundtrack",  because, well--it's Robin Hood. What Robin Hood Story doesn't have combat in there somewhere(rhetorical question)? So here's what I listen to when it's time to characters to kick some you-know-what:

Night of the Hunter-30 Seconds to Mars

I LUV 30 Seconds to Mars. Like, a lot. And for some reason this song has me seeing two people(I'll let you guess who) go at each other, swords flying and all that stuff.

Fortune Days-The Glitch Mob

Ok, yes, there is a lot of Glitch Mob on this soundtrack, but a) every soundtrack needs a couple of instrumental songs on it somewhere; and b) this song gives me great pictures in my head of Lockley and co fighting off the baddies in a castle corridor or forest clearing or whatever.

Mind of a Beast-The Glitch Mob
Yes. More Glitch Mob. This is one of the Final Hero vs. Villain numbers that are always present in all good stories. I'll let you guess which one. 

My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark(Light 'Em Up)-Fallout Boy
For those who follow this blog on a regular basis, yes, this is a repeat from a previous soundtrack, but I'm allowed repeats 😏 This is the second Final Hero vs Villain Fight--and it's the opposite Hero/Villain from the previous song(and again, you can guess which Hero/Villain I am referring to).

There are more, but those are the ones that made it to the Final soundtrack. Cause a playwright's gott have her inspiration, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment