Monday, February 20, 2017

Locksley of Sherwood: Theme Soundtrack

Every story has to have theme, yes? Well, my theme always has music. Not only do I have soundtracks for characters(as y'all have seen countless times), I also have soundtracks for the theme of the piece I happen to be writing.

Funny thing is, "theme music" is particularly evocative of a specific character or event. It's more like the feeling or lyrics of the song(s) that speak to me when I write the particular story. It's what I hear if there was to be a trailer, or promo, or tv spot, or whatever.

Obviously, some of these are a teeny weeny bit of a stretch, but I like the feeling the song evokes, so it stays. Here's a couple of my favorites:

"Don't Let me Down" Chainsmokers
I have the awesome trailer image in my head whenever I hear this song. One of those slo-mo-characters-lloking-all-BadA-type of images. 


"World of Stone",  Blackmore's Night
"Bring to me all of my arrows/bring to me my crossbow too." If that ain't a Robin Hood song, I don't know what is. 


"All For One", Blackmore's Night
Yes, another Blackmore's Night. But it's the theme of Lockley's band, so....


"Ghost of a Rose", Blackmore's Night
If Elodie and Will had  a "couples song" this would be it. Maybe during their own TV Spot or summat. 


"Believe in Me" Blackmore's Night
And if Will and Elodie get a couples song, then Lockley and Marion do too. And yes, it's Blackmore's Night. 


"Blackbird" Noni
Ravina's "TV Spot" song. I'd kill to sing like Gugu M'batha Raw, just saying. Also, shameless plug: "Beyond the Lights" is an AH-MAY-ZING film(Netflix it if you don't believe me). 


"Born This Way" Bear and a Banjo
I happen to be one of those people who LOVED the "Roots" re-boot--so much so that I bought it on Release Day. The lyrics of this song are perfect for the outlaws; plus, it's fun to blues dance to 😏


"Army of One" Coldplay
Because at one point or another, there is always one character who has to do something on his/her own. That's why it's called a Low Point. 


"Home" One Direction
I like happy endings tied up in a bow sometimes, so I pick this as an "end credits" song. Don't judge--it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment