Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Nottingham's Legacy: Malakai

Moving house plus beginning of new law school year in current circumstances is a fun combination, as it means it I spend so much time on my day job(law school) and packing that I forget this little blog. 

But my brain is mostly back in order now, so I have another tidbit to share with you:

Apparently, villains have to come in threes. 

Because Gisbourne wouldn't just hire one person to take Oliver out. 

He'd hire two--just to cover all his bases🙄

So here's villain number three--and a total surprise. 

Malakai. 

He's little bit like The Hound and The Mountain from GOT, but without the height. And a little bit of a Beserker. Which is fun.

For some reason that I haven't quite figured out yet, Malakai's animal parallel is a bat.

 Then again, bats are associated with vampires, and blood, and death, so maybe it makes more sense than I initially thought. 

We'll see.

Malakai's celebrity model is one that I discovered recently. He's been in "End of Watch" the "Sicario" franchise, and--most recently-"The Umbrella Academy".

In my head, Malakai looks like David Castañeda:

Except without the smile(as charming as that is). Maybe, this is a better visual(even if it is David Castañeda as Diego from "Umbrella Academy").

Yeah. 

That's much better.

Malakai mostly shares the same soundtrack as Olympe--that's what I get for late discovery--so if you wanna give it another listen, then go here.

However, he does have at least two songs that are definitely his:

Bad Man by Audiomachine

 

Watch Your Back by Benny Cassette(yep, from "The Fast and the Furious")

 

And one "combat song" which he shares with Declan, Mei, Enzo, and Olympe, in one of the coolest fights I've written in a while(at least, it looks epic in my head😛)

They Gotta Go, by Lil Jon(and yes, that song is from "Spies in Disguise)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment