Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SOUNDTRACK TRACKS 1-6

Because I am totally ridiculous(and I like it), and because I am doing two productions, yea verily, at the same time, here for your listening pleasure is my soundtrack for "A Midsummer Nights' Dream"(with explanations by yours truly and music supplied by Youtube^_^).


TRACK 1. THEME SONG FOR THE SHOW
"Summer Love" by Justin Timberlake
I really have no idea why I initially picked this song, but every time I listen to it, I get awesome images of the characters(or the actors) either by themselves or in a scene from the show:
TRACK 2. THEME SONG FOR HELENA
"Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry
I've always seen Helena as a very strong character, in spit of her romatic issues. This is made very obvious to me through her constant persuit of a man that wants nothing to do with her. She is also-very understandably-confused when she gets two men coming after her when before she was a nobody. This song both expresses her strength and her confusion...at least to moi.

TRACK 3. THEME SONG FOR FOR MECHANICALS
"What's Your Name" by Lynyrd Skynard
I don't know why, but some things I saw at one of the rehearsals made Lynyrd Skynard songs play in my head. I get REALLY happy images with this one!


TRACK 4. THEME SONG FOR DEMITRIUS(regarding Hermia)
"Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner
This one is another "happy images" thing. Demetrius wants Hermia. 'Nuff said.
TRACK 5. THEME SONG FOR LYSANDER
"Just The Way You Are" By Bruno Mars
Sweet, simple, beautiful. Lysander and Hermia have it all figured out. Really good "happy images"!
TRACK 6. THEME SONG FOR HERMIA
"Angel" by The Corrs
Sweet, confidant, beautiful. Everyone wants to be around her. Everyone wants to be like her.
More on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment