Friday, March 22, 2013

ANGEL'S ALLEY TIDBITS-Character inspirations-Johnny

Ok. So I started with Character Inspirations just because I couldn't get Chachi out of my head(confused? check this) But then I thought it might be cool to put up other pictures that have been dancing around up there. And as I started with Nick, the logical move is to put up Johnny!

Johnny Moreno
The reason why Johnny is the logical choice after Nick goes back to my Silver Screen DEK kick. Brother, was that an OBSESSION. All those movies had Leo Gorcey(see link above) and Bobby Jordan as protagonists.
Johnny was very much an incarnation of Bobby Jordan. Sweet, naive, absolutely adorable. Sure, he had bite, but it wasn't as hard as Nick's. A lot of the things that happen to Johnny tie in to the events that occur in the lives of the characters Bobby Jordan tended to play. Also, Johnny kind of looks like him, at least in my head:


Hearing Bobby's voice in my head while I was writing Johnny was so cool, because I didn't have to worry about how it sounded. I was so familiar with him I knew exactly! As with Nick, I present as a final tidbit, his sketch.

Name: John Moreno
Known As: Johnny
Appears In: Not A Criminal, Angels Alley, Alley Cats, Fire Escape
Relationships: Julia Moreno, older sister
                         Mark Vecchio, brother-in-law
                         Ivy Callahan, childhood sweetheart; eventual wife
                         Nick Callahan, best friend, later brother-in-law
                         Ash Hurli, friend--sorta kinda
                         Dutch Kelly, friend
Marital Status: Happily married to Ivy
                           father of six
In Later Years: Deputy Commissioner of police
                            Runs Junior Police Clubs
                            Assists in FBI Investigations
 Death: Natural causes; dies shortly after birth of first great-grandchild

No comments:

Post a Comment