Monday, March 30, 2015

Quirky Monday: K Pop & La Musique Française

DBSK, TVXQ, MBlaq, Merwan Rim, Christophe Mae, Florent Mothe, Claire Perot, Melissa Mars.

Say any of these names to anyone inside the US(at least in my experience) and you get a number of confused looks. This is because none of these artists are US Artists. The belong to the wonderful world of Korean and French music. Which I am a huge fan of.

About two years ago, I lived with a girl who was obbessed with all things Korean. She watched Korean soaps, Korean gameshows, Korean films. She also listened to K Pop. A lot. And I ended up listening with her. You guys, K Pop is kind of cool, and not just because it's sung in a different language. Some of their music videos are works of art.

TVXQ! One of my current fav K Pop artists

 And yeah, I can't understand about 95% of the lyrics, but the music is unlike anything I've ever experienced.

And then there are the French. I love everything about this culture anyway(I'd spend the rest of my life there if I could)--the food, the language, the geography and architecture. But France also has a wonderful artist that I wish could spend a year or so in the US--he is that amazing. His name is Dove Attia.


What this delightful theatre artist can do with the stage is mind blowing. Somehow, he can turn things like Romeo and Juliet and bioplays of Mozart and the Bastille into visual masterpieces. Not only do they look good(see above), they sound SIPIC!!!!

The casts of  three of Dove Attia's productions--think classic story meets pop music. OMG SO GOOD!!!!

So yes, I love French pop. And K Pop. Probably too much for my own good.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment