Monday, June 22, 2015

Quirky Monday: I am a Lizard


There are times I wear big wool sweaters.

And sweatshirts.

And various other layers.

In July.

I'm not kidding. I have worn a heavy sweatshirt in July because I'm freezing to death. In the summer.

My hands turn purple on a regular basis.

My feet have gone numbs with cold.

In August(that's the hottest month of the year people!)

I KNOW!?!?!?!?

Because I am a lizard.

A very, very cute lizard, but a lizard none the less.



For some stupid reason(thank you genetic make-up) I get really cold if the temperature drops below seventy degrees. Yes, I said seventy degrees.

My family went to Oregon for vacation a couple of years ago, and we decided to do a beach day. The boys were going to learn how to surf, and the girls were going to hang out on the beach.

The Oregon beach.

Not the California beach.

And yeah, it was fun, but I spent a good deal of "beach time" curled up in a fleece blanket and two jackets just wanting the wind to stop. 

On the beach. 

In July. 

I KNOW!?!?!?!?!?

Weather like this makes me happy:

I will be in heaven whenever a forecast like this happens. But when I see something like this:

I curl up and die. 

Curl up. 

And die. 

I guess that's why one of the family jokes is that I need to move to Cali, or Texas, or Arizona, or something. Somewhere with no snow, no ice, no sleet, and the weather stays WARM. 

Yeah. That would be so nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment