Wednesday, November 1, 2017

NaNoWriTakeover: 2017: B/V

IIIIIIIT'S NANO TIME, Y'ALL!!!!

                                                          Image result for nannowrimo

What with being and adult with and adult life and all, this poor little blog has been neglected, except during NaNo time. This year, I also find myself in an interesting position: I'm a little bit cheating. Yes, yes, I know that NaNo is supposed to be written completely from scratch, but:


A) I  have this habit of "half-finishing" things that lie untouched for eons; and sooner or later I have to finish them and, 


B) Last year my life was so crazed I didn't even do a NaNo--or rather, I did, but I never posted about it.



Back in college, I overheard an interesting conversation between three friends of mine: one was a political science major; one a history major; the third was--well, he was someone with interesting ideas. PolySci was writing a paper about government officials and power (I forget exactly what) and she was asking History for advice on the paper--and Interesting Idea and I were eavesdropping. The gist of the conversation went something like this:
Hist: It’s kind of terrifying, the lengths officials--or anybody really--will go to assert their power.
PolySci: You know, if someone really wanted to takeover the US right now, they’d start                              
   with technology and social media. You take that over and everybody’s in trouble.
Interesting Idea: OR they could get rid of technology altogether--put it inside people;
            because you can’t hack human beings as easily as you can hack into
            technology.
PolySci: Can they can do that?
History:  What if they could?
Interesting Idea: Then the world as we know it would come to an end.
Me: That’s creepy.
Me: (That’s an interesting idea!)
Me: (That’s a VERY interesting idea)
Me: puts idea in back of head, then plays with it off and on for the next five years
Me(flashforward to 2016): Finally puts idea on paper and submits it to short play festival


Here's the REALLY interesting part--it JUST KEPT GOING!!!! I could not get the story out of my head! By the time the short version had premiered, my "long version" was just over ninety pages--granted, they were rough pages, but still! 

                                                    Image result for revision

That is what I will be sharing with you this time around--I can honestly say it's one of the most interesting pieces I've ever written(see conversation above). And because this is what I do every time I have a new project, y'all get to see the character sketches and tidbits that went into this thing.


The project for NaNoWriMo 2017:

B/V 

No comments:

Post a Comment