Friday, July 26, 2019

Lure of the Fox: Declan

 Since this is a sequel to "Wolves of Sherwood", some of the characters you already know--if not, just can find out about Tarquin, Declaire, and Malbete here; Jean-Luc here; Cassian here; and Ravenna and Tirzah here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember how I said I love Dark Horses?

And how I was really excited about this new play cause one of the characters was Chaotic Neutral?

Well, this is why.

His name is Declan, and he's one of the leading men in "Lure of the Fox"(and currently, my favorite).

My hopeless little romantic heart is Character Crushing so hard on this guy, it's ridiculous! Which makes him the third Character Crush I've had since creating this "Wolves" Universe, the first two being Tarquin and Jean-Luc.

I've already said how much I love the new Aladdin movie. As of this post, I've seen it six times, and I'm going to buy the DVD for my birthday as a gift to myself, just because I can(and I can, cause it comes out nine days after my birthday)! You know what's great? The celebrity model for Declan is also from that movie:


This is Mena Massoud aka Aladdin. If you haven't seen Aladdin, go see it!!!! If only to see this adorable face for two hours, because GAH!!!

He was also in Amazon Prime's "Jack Ryan"; and he has an amazing smile, which I would like to utilize at least once in my head. I have no idea how yet, but Declan is going to smile.

Declan is Chaotic Neutral, which is a fantastic challenge for me, since I've never written one of those before. For those not in the D&D Know, any character who's alignment is "Chaotic Neutral" are people who don't like being told how/where/why/when, and challenges the status quo(there's other places on the inter-webs that describe this more eloquently, but I like my definition).

Aka Declan's personality to a T.

He's got a "what's in it for me" attitude, and if he swings to the "good" or "evil" side, it's not because someone told him to. He cares about certain people and certain things, but he's not about to wear his heart on his sleeve. He's enigmatic, and dangerous, which (to me, anyway) makes him really sexy.

Currently, Declan's in the pay of Raynaud, the man who's holding Sorcha and Tarquin hostage(blog post on Raynaud forthcoming), and has a little bit of a crush on Sorcha, and....someone else, but he's not about to own up to it(see "not about to wear heart on sleeve" above).

Declan also has a connection to--and history with--Jean-Luc--which is so much fun to write! Some of my favorite scenes happen when these two are in the same room(which helps since I am still not--and probably will never be--over my Character Crush on Jean-Luc, see above); and, needless to say, some bits of Declan's personality rub off on Jean-Luc later.

Also, Declan is a Master Swordsman. In my head, he makes Inigo Montoya look like Stanley friggin Yelnats. 

(if you don't know who either of those characters are a) that's just really sad and should be remedied ASAP; so b) go Google them because WOW)

I don't usually do this, but because I love Declan a little bit too much, I'm going to share his entire soundtrack with you, because why not?

Declan

Friend of the Devil, by Adam Jensen

Apologize, by grandson




Tombstone, by Adam Jensen




Somebody To Die For, by Hurts


So Cold, by Breaking Benjamin


 





Darkest Part, by Red

Great Wide Open, by Thirty Seconds to Mars


Where I Want to Be, by The Dangerous Summer
Declan on Sorcha
My Enemy (feat. Matt Berniger), by CHVRCHES

Into the Night(feat. Chad Kroeger), by Santana

Lead Me Into the Night, by The Cardigans



Declan on...Someone Else
 
Hunger, by The Score

 
 
Fuel on the Fire by Bear's Den


Declan and Jean-Luc
Hide, by Red



I Know Where The Bodies Are Buried, by Adam Jensen




Alibi, by Thirty Seconds to Mars


Forever, by Breaking Benjamin





Silence (feat. Khalid), by Marshmellow

 

Declan's Final Scene
The Fight, by The Phantoms








Home(from "Bright" soundtrack), by X-Ambassadors, Machine Gun Kelly, and Bebe Rexha

No comments:

Post a Comment