Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Locksley of Sherwood: My Lady--In Honor of Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY DARLING PEOPLE!!!!!!

In honor of this day, Imma share another tidbit of "Locksley of Sherwood" with y'all. One of the archetypal plot points of the Robin Hood legend is that of LUV!!!! And my adaption is no different--there is romance in this story, and not just between Marion and Locksley. Let me introduce you to the two lovely ladies that will be swept off their feet in Nottingham.

Locksley and Marion have a son. Locksley's nemesis Guy of Gisbourn has a daughter--Ravina(more on Gisbourn coming soon). Ravina is fierce and fiery--and has caught Cassian's eye. She's grown up in London, and is affianced to the Sheriff of Nottingham, but that doesn't mean she's meek and easily cowed.   I think of her a little bit as a snarkier "Junior Marion". And in my head, she looks like this lovely lady:
                 
                               
This is Rose Williams, from the tv show "Reign".  She's amazing. I love her ability to portray an ingenue, or someone who can look after herself, but still get swept off her feet. And I'm not going to lie, I love her theme song:

The second lovely lady is a Romani and a healer who lives in Nottingham, and is called Tirzah. Her personality is a tiny bit rougher around the edges. And she has caught the eye of  Jean-Luc.  This is who's playing Tirzah in my head:
Image result for holliday grainger
                                               
Holliday Granger, aka the step-sister from "Cinderella", aka Estella from "great Expectations, aka Bonnie from A&E/HISTORY's "Bonnie and Clyde". Gorgeous, sassy, and phenomenal. Tirzah can take the heat and give it and she's so great with Jean-Luc. And yes, she has a song:


Also, because there are couples, there are couples songs. I know, I'm a soft hearted little mushy romantic whatever. I happen to like making up "Love Soundtracks" for my couples; and since this is the Day of Hearts, here are the songs I have come up with for these couples:

Cassian and Ravenna






Jean-Luc and Tirzah







Bonus: Both Couples, because why not?!


And there you have it, the Ladies of Sherwood--my Valentine's Day presi to you all. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment