Friday, February 10, 2017

Locksley of Sherwood: Family Portrait



As I get into the first round of revisions on "Locksley of Sherwood"(aka the Robin Hood play), little tidbits have hit my muse en masse and they're fighting to get out, so here goes the first round.

Y'all have probably noticed by now that I celeb cast everything, and write to soundtracks; and this is no different. I guess it sort of helps that several of the characters this time around are people every Anglophile/Robin Hood fan is familiar with, so I don't really have to give too much backstory on Robin and Marion: the Outlaw, his Ladylove and--in the case of this story--the Outlaw's Son--or as Gisbourn calls them, the Wolf's Head, his She-Wolf and his Louveteau[which is French for Wolf Cub].

                                                         Image result for Tribal Wolf Tattoo Designs

What I CAN do is give you a glimpse of the awesome faces in my head right now; and this time they come complete with their own theme songs.

To start, I blame BBC's Musketeers.

Why? Because the celebrity models for Locksley and Marion are in this show. Shameless plug: if you haven't seen this show HULU IT NOW because....WOW!!!!! I'll wait.....

In my head, at least, the Outlaw has to look the part(because in Perfect Writer's Pipe Dream World, you can make this kind of thing happen). Locksley is swashbuckling, debonair, cocky-as-all-get-out. But in this case, he's also a dad; and the picture in my head needed to fit that image. I needed someone who looks like this:

Image result for santiago cabrera 2016
This is Santiago Cabrera, aka Lancelot from "Merlin", aka Aramis from "Musketeers". Does he or does he not look like a cocky outlaw? I think he does. AND he has a theme song:


 Marion has gone from the Great Lady in the Castle to the Wife of a The Outlaw and Queen of Sherwood Forest(yes, I said QUEEN). As such, she can hold her own as well as Locksley can, and has attitude to boot, but she can be syrupy sweet and loving when the occasion calls for it.
Image result for Maimie McCoy
This gorgeous woman is Maimie McCoy aka Milady from "Musketeers". This woman can hold her own and has a bark that's equal to her bite(plus, she's GORGEOUS). This is what I hear whenever Marion's on the scene:

As this is a sequel, not an origin story, in this version Robin and Marion have offspring. And this offspring's name is Cassian. Cassian was an interesting surprise. He's grown up in a Hero's Shadow(literally) and is cocky and feisty and well-- kind of a brat. An endearing brat; but still a brat. Cassian is still trying to figure out who he is, while also living under the delusion that because he's Robin Hood's son, he's more or less untouchable. And the adorable person who has the honor of playing Cassian in my head is:
Tom Holland. I saw him in "In the Heart of the Sea", and in "The Lost City of Z", but what makes me really happy is that he's the new Spider-Man! And he's cocky, and cute and everything that the son-of-a-hero needs to be. My little muse has no problem seeing this face when I think about Cassian. And it helps when I have this song to help illustrate his personality:



So yeah. That's the first of the deluge of tidbits running around in my head. Back to the Writing 
Cave, and Revisions.......

No comments:

Post a Comment