Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Butterflies: Emily

Apparently, writing one full length while revising two others and outlining a fourth is totally crazy and sucks up your time, especially when life continues to throw curveballs at you right and left.  But I've stolen a teeny bit of time to get back to the blog and dive in to more character intros in "Butterflies" so here goes.



Emily is a character type that is really difficult for me to write. I like women who are fiery and independent powerhouses. Emily is still fiery and still a powerhouse, but she's more introverted. She's a little naive and still figuring herself out. She's quiet and sheltered and--yeah, really hard to write.

But what I love is she's the perfect foil for Liam. She perfectly smooths out his rough edges, and csn get him to open up about things that he wouldn't otherwise.

She also has two models.

The first is my sweet maternal cousin. This girl is adorable--when she was little I heard barely a word out of her, and she's still pretty quiet even now. But she's an amazing human being and one of the strongest girls I know.

Which means her celebrity counterpart has gotta be her equal--or as close to that as I can get.

This is Adelaide Kane. I first saw this powerhouse of an actress in season three of "Teen Wolf"(which I LOVE, btw) and then in the CW's reign. She can play fiery, she can play gentle, she can play naive and sweet and independent and I love everything I've seen her do.

Here's Emily's Sountrack:

Plain Gold Ring(Live) by Kimbra


My Immortal by Evenescence

A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton 

Carry You(feat. Fleurie) by Ruelle

So there's Liam's foil.

You've met the hero and the heroine of "Butterflies".

Hopefully it won't be too long before you get to meet all the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment