Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Butterflies: Isaac

There are Dark Horses.

And there are Bad Boys.

And there are Anti-Heroes.

And Isaac is every single one of them.

Isaac was kind of a surprise to me.

When I started writing, I thought he was one person; and then he did something that made me change my mind about who he was.

And then he did it again.

And again.

And again.

Until I stopped trying to control his narrative and just let him tell the story.

(He's one of those stupidly stubborn types)

Isaac has connections to Liam and Emily, but he's not considered an ally by either of them Anymore.

This particular character is a combination of several people in my life. Several of my family members--immediate and extended--have bits of their personalities that I took and gave to Isaac. One or two of my really close friends are also part of his character. He's snarky, and sarcastic and dry and everything I love in a Dark Horse(go figure).

But there is only one celebrity model Because of course there is.


This is Luke Pasqualino. He's been on BBC's "Our Girl", "Skins",  "The Borgias" "Snowpiercer"(the film, not the upcoming TV show) and "The Musketeers"(as D'Artagnan).

Isaac's soundtrack was interesting--as interesting as his character.

Ok, maybe "eclectic" is a better word. Check this out:

Soundtrack 

Bloody City by Sam Tinnesz
 
Tourniquet by Breaking Benjamin 



Too Cold a Stone by Peter Brienholt
 
 
Never Again by Breaking Benjamin

Army of One by Coldplay

Between the Wars by Allman Brown 
 
Who Wants to Live Forever(feat. Lindsay Stirling) by The Tenors

Yeah. Yeah, "eclectic" is the correct word.

No comments:

Post a Comment