Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GG'S BAD BOY: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

While I know he won't ever read this blog, I still want to wish one of my favorite TV Celebs "Happy Birthday"! Yes, Chuck Bass, aka Ed Westwick, turns 25 today! So I'm going to rave for just a second about how amazing this guy is!

So, first off, this guy was born in England, and he's got the thickest accent I've ever heard. BUT, when he plays his character, he nails the accent(standard American) about 90% of the time. When he does slip up, it's kind of cute. He also has the ability to sweep his scene partner off her feet when doing Blair/Chuck scenes(I would LOVE to get kiss from this guy. Ed Westick knows how to tell stories with his eyes. Even when he's not speaking you just have to look at him to know exactly what he's thinking. He has such an amazing power on the set, and--in my opinion--steals scenes from almost every scene partner he's got. Except Penn Badgely, but that's for another post.

I first saw him in "Gossip Girl", which has been running for 4 seasons, but, silly me, I didn't pick up on it until the finale of season 3(how sad is that?) Any way, I had no idea who any of these people were and had to keep pausing the episode to go on imdb and see who was with who and what and why and...stuff. But I got the gist about halfway through.

So anyway, I fell head over heels in love with Chuck--mostly because he was a "badboy". Brother, I always seem to fall for those types. Question: why? And when he got shot at the end of the episode, I was in shock. This character that I'd known for all of five minutes was dead for all I knew and it wasn't fair!

Imagine my relief when I hopped online and found out that he was not in fact dead and was returning for the next season. So all I had to do was wait until September. Brilliant!

I spent the rest of the summer getting to know as much as possible about "Gossip Girl", so that when the time came I wouldn't be confused. Well, I wasn't, and I still got stars in my eyes whenever Chuck Bass graced the screen.

He's also an amazing actor off of "Gossip Girl." I can't wait to see him as one of my all time favorite Shakespeare bad boys: Tybalt, in "Romeo and Juliet".

Happy birthday Ed! You are an amazing actor!


No comments:

Post a Comment