Monday, March 23, 2015

Quirky Monday: Emotional Investment

I get too emotionally invested in things.

Maybe it's because I am a Thespian. And female. And a Drama Queen(yes, Thespian and Drama Queen are two separate things). Or--no there is no other reason.

When something sad happens, I cry.

When something makes me mad, or nervous(or someone dies), I dig my nails into my palms and start to hyperventilate. Or curl up in the fetal position, depending on what the situation happens to be. Yes, it is possible to curl up in the fetal position even when sitting or standing. I done it ^_^ Several times.

When I think someone on the screen(or stage) is attractive, my eye dilate. Ok, so every human being has this reaction. But even if I've seen this a hundred times, I still get goo goo eyes.

I mean, seriously, who wouldn't over this face?!

Seriously, guys. It's bad.

Supernatural is what gets me the most. I have seen the Season 2 and Season 9 finales ad nauseum (because I buy them as soon as they are released. Cinephile, remember?). And I still jump a mile in the air during the stabby-stabbage. And bawl. A lot. No one should sit next to me when I am watching these episodes. Like, ever.

Every time, guys. Every, every time!!!!


It's for reasons like this that my family hates seeing movies with me. Or plays. Or TV shows. All right, only part of that is true. Sometimes, they think it's funny.

Once my brother had me make a list of the films and TV shows that make me cry.

There were 79 of them.

  79.

And counting.

When the third Hobbit movie came out, by brothers wanted to go with me for two reasons: one, it's the Hobbit. I don't care what people say, it's a great bubblegum movie that had to get made. For bubblegum reasons. They also wanted to go to watch my reaction. And boy did they ever see it. All they would talk about on the drive home; I'm not kidding.

Still, emotional investment can be a good thing. It's a quirk of my personality I'm rather fond of--and it certainly amuses those around me, so who am I to complain?


No comments:

Post a Comment