Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tidbit Tuesday: Fluffies and Heavies

Those who know me well know I have to work on multiple projects at the same time--or I will go nuts or poke my eyes out with a spoon, whichever is handiest at that time.



The interesting thing about working on several projects at a time is that I tend to work on both a "fluffy" project and a "heavy" project simultaneously, so that I don't spend all my time one way or another.  For some reason, my brain also has an unspoken rule that both the fluffy and the heavy project have to compliment each other. How, I really have no idea. But they do, or I can't get them written.

So this time around my "fluffy" is my Soap Satire SIMPATICO--which goes up every Saturday, and my "heavy" is--well I've got several, so here's a quick update on the others.

Dark Lightning, OR My Attempt at Steampunk
Three entries on this so far, and no script. I know, I know.  It's called an attempt for a reason. And it certainly got my brothers excited when I said I was going to try it. Try, what a lovely word.

Progress report: Drafts composed over Christmas Break 2014; now stewing until my brain clears up--or I find a "fluffy project" that goes well with this one. no complementary fluffy as yet. Will keep my eyes open.

Changeling OR My ShakespeareMash
So this is something that's been bouncing around in my head for almost a year now. I've posted exactly one tidbit about it here due to the fact that I can't decide if it's a screenplay or not. Which may or may not drive me crazy, as screenwriting format drives me up the wall(and Blogger hates that more than the stageplay format).

 Progress thus far: Treatment written, now gathering dust and about every excuse not to be written. But maybe it will be. Eventually. See progress report for DARK LIGHTNING above.

Banned, OR The Working Title of My Attempt at Dark Fantasy
You know, if I had to pick, this one is probably the best heavy to compliment my current fluffy. This is one I've been off and on for--I don't even know how long. There are no tidbits about this on the blog, which probably means that this will probably be the next thing to go up(right, creative brain, right?). So I'd keep my eyes peeled for this one.

Progress Report: Script written, done stewing, revised and ready to be put up on blog--as soon as time permits. Yea!!!!

In closing:
My creative process is like this cake--light and fluffy complimenting dark and heavy. There's your metaphor. You're welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment