Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tidbit Tuesday: New Year, New Project, New Research

Now that the GRE is over, and all I'm worrying about at the moment is work, I get to go back to doing what I love--writing twenty-four seven. Because I can.

See, this year I'm starting another project; because, let's face it, I'm a playwright and have to be writing or I'll--keel over and die probably :p Anyhoo....This project is new, so this means I get new research material for said new project, because artists need stuff like that(yay muses!)



My Angels Alley cycle relied on the films of the 40s, with special attention paid to the likes of Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney.

Polterguys relied on The Addams Family, and Friends.

NaNoWriMo was a super binge on Urban Fantasy, Rob Thurman's books, and lots of Breaking Benjamin Albums(thank you Youtube).

My newest project obviously has to have new muse and new inspiration, and this one is kinda nice. It's a little throwback to last year of high school and first couple of years of college. I fell in love with this show after one episode, and spent the next couple of days reading up on it so I could understand what was going on--as I discovered it after the end of the third season(I saw the finale as a re-run). It was what everybody who watched CW loved on Monday nights and had clothes and glitter and pretty people and things. The show? Gossip Girl.



I posted about my wild crush on the show's Bad Boy Gossip Girl Chuck Bass earlier on this blog, but that isn't really the reason I'm using this show as media muse for this new project. I'm going contemporary with this one, so I've picked this show and a new author that will keep my muse fed:

Katie McGarry.

If Lauren Willig is my go to for entertainment elsewhere, then Katie McGarry is my YA contemporary fix. Katie writes like "Gossip Girl"--only she does it via the good girl/bad boy or bad girl/good boy romantic duo.....Yeah, ok, fine; it's exactly like Gossip Girl.



But I digress.

This project is contemporary, and deals with things I haven't written about before. There's more, but I think I've given you enough of a tidbit today.  Except for one thing: I'll give you the title.

GRAY MARKET

No comments:

Post a Comment