Thursday, April 9, 2015

Name of the Game: OR Sipic

As you can see from my Thursday postings, I love playing with words.

No surprise, I'm a writer.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a specific word, and it's origin. I said this was my favorite word.

Well, I lied.

There is another word I love, and I use all the time. To describe nearly everything I love. I even have a shirt with this word on it.

This isn't me; but this is the shirt.

SIPIC.

I first heard this word in a movie some of my friends about a year ago called Inspired Guns. Guys, this movie is delightful--about two LDS missionaries who get mistaken for the Mafia. Not exactly A-list academy award winner, but still so much fun!  So of course this movie made it to the top of my Bubblegum Film list, not just because of the comedy and fun little storyline, but because of this quote:

"Oh my--that was sick! That was--epic! That was--sipic!"

You see? Basically, it is the word "sick"+ the word "epic" and is used to describe something so phenomenal that there is no other word for it.

This is the name of the game this week. My second favorite word, people. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment