Monday, April 6, 2015

Quirky Monday: Bacon

Sorry guys, this isn't about the delicious food. This is about another way I entertain myself.

I am one of those weirdos that plays Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

For those who don't know, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon came about because of a statement the actor made that he could tie himself to every actor in Hollywood. Translation: everybody in Hollywood knows each other. Well, of course they do.



I have a friend who takes this super seriously. I can't go see a movie with this guy without hearing a "Bacon Number"--it's enough to drive me nuts.

So I do it sans Kevin Bacon.

Because I can count the number of Kevin Bacon movies I've seen on the fingers of one hand: Footloose, RIPD and Balto--which does really count since that's only his voice.

Yes. This is Kevin Bacon. With four legs. And fur. 

But I digress. 

There is nothing more entertaining to me than to see how many different actors do movies together, and who knows who and how well. Granted, this happens because it's Hollywood;  and  any time you're in a show you get so close to the people you work with because you are basically stuck with them for a specific period of time. I know from experience.

And since I don't watch Kevin Bacon, I do it with other celebrities. Sometimes from other film eras, or forms of media, like BBC Radio(side note: the US doesn't do radio plays anymore because???????).

I once tied Stanley Tucci to Humphrey Bogart--which isn't actually as hard as it sounds.



 I watch waaaay to much tv and far too many movies, and sometimes I need to do something entertain myself while being entertained(multitasker, remember?). So I started playing this game without knowing it. I'd go see and movie with my family and could tell which actor was in what other movie with whom and when.

They told me to shut up.

So now I do it in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment