Monday, May 4, 2015

Quirky Monday: MAY THE FOURTH!!!!!

Ok, so once a upon a time(fine, several posts ago) I told a tiny little tidbit of a story of how I was introduced of one of the best franchises of nerdom in the universe. Something that has a huge fanbase, and has created more memes and gifs and all that other stuff than I want to count. There are comic books, and action figures, and video games and cartoon series, and novelizations and it all came from eight little words:

"Long ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...."

Yeah. For you people still out of the loop(question: WHY?!?!?!!?) it's Star Wars. 




You guys, this is where my nerdom began. As a seven year old with my cousins, watching two men try and kill each other with lightsabers. Had I heard of Star Wars before this? No. Did I understand what was going on? Not exactly. Did I want more? OH HECK YES!!!!

I saw Return of the Jedi when I was seven, with my cousins. Then I saw A New Hope with my sister at my grandpa's house; and The Empire Strikes Back for my sister's birthday. I loved the stories so much! I didn't exactly understand them(watching them out of order does that) but I loved them!

When the awful prequels came out--yes, I did go see them. All of them--the first two in theatres and that last one after the DVD release(will I ever get those three hours back--probably not).

I've seen the cartoons they made back in the 80s; I've watched my brother play Force Unleashed at least twice(I have yet to actually play it) and yes, I have had plastic lightsabre battles--both with the old toys and the new ones. I know all the famous quotes(the good ones and the corny ones) and these guys? I love them. Totally, completely love them:



 Oh yes, and last Christmas, I saw the Star Wars Christmas Special. That song, guys. Oh, that song.


And today is the day we celebrate that.


Now, I will say that it took me a little bit to get into it, but once you get bit, there's no going back. And if the nerdverse wants to make a national day to celebrate said amazing franchise, that's awesome with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment