Monday, May 18, 2015

Quirky Monday: Nerd Alert 2-Graphic Novels

Guys.

HOW COULD I HAVE NOT KNOWN ABOUT THESE UNTIL NOW!!!!!

Ok, done screaming. Time for explanation.

Graphic novels.

I work at a library--which by the way is the coolest job I have ever had and probably ever will have--
and our supervisors came up with the coolest idea: for each month of the year, employees would read a different genre. Last month(April) was graphic novels. And I decided to take the challenge. Because I'd never read a graphic novel before.  Other genres, yes, Graphic novels, no.



I said before I was a closet nerd, and am only just now getting back into the comic book groove(thank you gradation). Comic books, yes they're awesome. But now I'm discovering graphic novels. OMG, you guys, I am in so much trouble!!!!

Because after April, there was Free Comic Book Day. Which means I made another discovery(late blooming nerd alert!) THEY COMPILE COMICS (like TMNT) INTO GRAPHIC NOVELS!!! Why, guys? Why did I not know this before!?!?



Because these things are cool. Really, really, really cool! I mean, this has the best combination of comics and novels that I can find and I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of seriously nerding out right now!

So I may or may not have got a couple or three of these things on Free Comic Book day.

And will probably do so again.

 A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment