Thursday, July 9, 2015

Name of the Game: My Take on Social Media

Yes. I have a Facebook account.

And an Instagram.

And Twitter.

And a blog.

I use each of them for different things. See, before all I had was Facebook, and all I did was write really longs statuses every day and share more links than were probably needed. On a daily basis.

I used my blog to post writing snippets and that's about it(mostly for my cousin, as--being in Cali-- that was the only way she could read my stuff.)

And I used Twitter for snark. I made sarcastic comments and things, just cause.



Then I took a Social Media class and a Blogging class my last semester in college(aka three months ago GAK was it really only three months!?!?!) where we were given the following assignments:

1. Be active on social media(aka have an account on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, etc)
2. Be social on social media(like things, reply to comments, have conversations, etc.)
3. Use your blog effectively(whatever that's supposed to mean)

Yeah, I still like things on Facebook. Except now, if there are comments, I reply to them. If there's a conversation that I'm a part of, I stay involved in it--as much as I can(because really, you can only get so "involved" over the internet--because it's not face to face). The difference before this class and after this class is that there are now more than a few people I want to keep in contact with--and only have a few of their numbers, so Facebook is really the only way to talk to them.

This blog has changed too. My assignment was post three times a week in the last month before finals(which--incidentally, was only two more times a week then I posted anyway--when I remembered to). I'm not going to lie, it's kind of nice to write about anything I want and then see who reads it.

However, Twitter is still my snark spot. Do I have a sarcastic comment? Is there some kind snark begging to get out of my head? Well, then, I tweet it. And my twitter is connected to my Facebook anyway, so either way it'll get seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment