Thursday, July 2, 2015

Name of the Game: Me and the Fourth!!!!

Guy, this weekend is the FOURTH OF JULY!!!! WOO WOO!!!!!



And I take holidays super seriously. Like scary seriously.

When I was little on Memorial Day, I would a) wear black, because that's what they did in the movies; and/or b) scatter petals on the graves because that's what they did in Little Women and I thought it was better than flowers. For some romantic reason.

The whole month of February(since it's Valentine's Day on the 14th) my nails are either pink or red. i also pull out my stack of chick flicks and watch one every night.

In December, my nails are green and red. Ad all the Christmas movies come out(I have seen every single version of A Christmas Carol--including the silent version. Not kidding. Also, this is the month I watch Little Women  at least twice.)

October, my nails are black and orange--or whatever(this is recent thing, still working on it). And my Halloween movies come out--the classics and the new ones!!!!!!

The State of Utah celebrate July 24th, so on that day I'd dress up in 19th century clothing(or the closest thing to it) and wear that all day.  And I would eat cornbread and jam--because that's all pioneers ate, apparently.

On on July Fourth, I did--and still do--wear red, white, and blue.

Yeah, ok, so everyone does this. But I have other quirky things I do. Sometime during the week, I watch Yankee Doodle Dandy(because CAGNEY!!!!!) and I also watch 1776 because-- weel, it has songs like THIS:

AND--for those of you Boy Meets World fans--it also stars Feeny as John Adams.  

Yeah. That is what I do on the Fourth. 

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment