Thursday, June 18, 2015

Name of the Game: Parkour--And My Lack of Coordination

A few days ago, a friend of mine posted on her blog about her obsessions, which got me thinking about one of mine.

I obsess over things. All. The. Time. For aesthetics, celebrity, creativity, perfection, etc. And then there are the times I obsess over something because I can't do it for whatever reason--and I really really want to.

Currently, it is PARKOUR.

And yes, up until recently I had no idea what it was called. What I did know is the things that David Bell does in the following clip were really really friggin cool!!!!



Now, I've said before I am not the most coordinated person in the world(can't even dribble a basketball, remember?).  And right now I know myself well enough to know that with my awful coordination I can't ever do this and look as sipic as David Bell or Jeremy Renner do. Like what he does right here:




Not without hours and hours and hours of training anyway(and practice; and maybe a good stunt double).

Which brings me to part two of my parkour obsession. 

Question: If it can be done in films, why not put it on stage?

Even better, why not be the person to write about it and then put it on stage?

You see what my creative brain does to me? 

This week the name of the game is creative insanity!!!!

Also: Learning Parkour? Now on my Bucket List. 

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment